Calculators - Recommended and
required calculators for Mathematics courses
Computers - Frequently asked questions
and list of labs available for student use
Mathematics Tutoring Center -
Receive tutoring or apply to become a tutor
Materials Center - Teaching
aids, books, periodicals, etc...
The Mathematics Department maintains a variety of facilities and support services for its students. The University also provides a variety of support services for students. This page provides links to the Department and University facilities and support services.
- Most mathematics classes meet in comfortable, well-equipped classrooms in Stevenson Hall. Classes for mathematics majors are restricted to no more than 30 students.
- Computer labs
- Several mathematics classrooms house permanent computers and display equipment that instructors use in a variety of courses.
- All faculty offices are located in Stevenson Hall where instructors maintain regular office hours for student appointments.
- A mathematics tutoring center is also located in Stevenson Hall. Here, students in 100-level mathematics courses can receive help from undergraduate teaching assistants or from graduate assistants.
- A conference room in Stevenson Hall is available for meetings of the officers of the Mathematics Student Association (MSA) and for other gatherings. General meetings for the MSA are held in classrooms or off-campus.
- University High School, located just a few blocks from Stevenson Hall, is used by prospective secondary mathematics teachers to observe classes and take part in other clinical experiences.