(This list only contains only a sample. Complete record of publications is here)
• James Jones and Krzysztof
Ostaszewski, "Insurance and Environmental Sustainability," first prize winner in the Society of Actuaries Environmental Sustainability Call for Essays.
• James Jones and Krzysztof Ostaszewski,"I'm just an industry whose intentions are good, Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!" pp. 197-205 in Contributions to Risk Analysis: RISK 2018," Cuadernos de la Fundacion C/223, edited by Jose Maria Sarabia, Faustino Prieto, and Montserrat Gullen, Mapfre Foundation, Madrid, Spain, 2018.
• Hong Mao, James M. Carson, and Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "Optimal Price Setting and Insurer Capital Management in a Multiple Line Context," Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, Volume 12, Issue 1, January 2018, article number 20170018.
• Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "The Social Purpose of Insurance and Why It Matters," Proceedings of the Hawaii University International Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii, 2018.
• Leslaw Gajek, Krzysztof
Ostaszewski, and James Carson, "Demand
Uncertainty Reduces Market Power and Enhances Welfare," European
Scientific Journal, May 2017, pp. 275-289.
• Rafal Borkowski and Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "The Inflection Point of the Laffer Curve," Proceedings of the Hawaii University International Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii, 2017.
• Hong Mao, James M. Carson, and Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "Optimal Insurance Pricing, Reinsurance, and Investment for a Jump Diffusion Risk Process Under a Competitive Market" Journal of Insurance Issues, 40(1), 2017, pp. 90-124.
• Hong Mao, James
M. Carson, and Krzysztof
Ostaszewski, and Wei Hao, "Integrated
Determination of Insurer Capital, Investment, and Reinsurance
Strategy," Journal of
Insurance Regulation, 34(6), 2015, pp.
• Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "Emerging insurance regulation in the European Union and the United States" Prawo Asekuracyjne, No. 3, September 2015.
• Hong Mao, Krzysztof
Ostaszewski, and Yuling Wang , “Optimal
retirement age, leisure and consumption,” Economic Modelling
43 (2014), pp. 458–464.
• Hong Mao, James M. Carson, Krzysztof Ostaszewski, and Yuling Wang, "Unified and Dynamic Monitoring of Solvency of Property and Liability Insurance Companies," Quality Technology & Quantitative Management, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 363-382, 2014.
• Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "It's the real economy, stupid!," pp. 253-268, chapter in Rozne oblicza zarzadzania ryzykiem, research monograph edited by Juliusz Kotynski, published by Vistula University, Warsaw, Poland, April 2014.
• Krzysztof Ostaszewski, The Public Pensions Crisis in the U.S., A Geneva Association Report, Geneva, Switzerland, April 2014.
• Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "The effect of Pillar 1 on efficient investment portfolio choice in the case of the United States," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance: Issues and Practice 38, October 2013, pp. 675-700.
• Hong Mao, James
M. Carson, Krzysztof
Ostaszewski, and Yuling Wang,
“Pricing of Deposit Insurance Considering Investment, Deductibles
and Policy Limit,” Journal of Insurance Issues, 36 (2),
Fall 2013, pp. 149–174.
• Hong Mao, James M. Carson, Krzysztof Ostaszewski, and Zhongkai Wen, "Optimal Decision on Dynamic Insurance Price and Investment Portfolio of an Insurer," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, 52, 2013, pp. 359–369.
• James M. Carson, Christopher Clark, Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "The incentives and welfare economics of life insurance backdating," Journal of Insurance Regulation, 31(2012), pp. 91-103.
Ostaszewski, and Wojciech Wojdowski, "The
Darth Vader Rule," Tatra Mountains Mathematical
Publications, Volume 52, Issue 1, November 2012, pp. 53-63.
• James Jones and Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "Illinois State University: Creating Actuarial Capacity in Rare Harmony," Chapter 3.5, pp. 81-86, in Promoting Microinsurance in Ghana, published by the National Insurance Commission of Ghana and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit, Accra, Ghana, 2012.
• Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "The financial crisis: impact on the four pillars of old-age protection" (Chapter 4) and "The holistic view: why all pillars need to work in concert" (Chapter 8), in Addressing the Challenge of Global Ageing—Funding Issues and Insurance Solutions, edited by Patrick M. Liedtke and Kai-Uwe Schanz, The Geneva Association, Geneva, Switzerland, 2012.
• Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "ALM in Financial Intermediation: The Derivatives Business," chapter (pp. 111-121) in Asset–Liability Management for Financial Institutions, edited by Bob Swarup, A & C Black Publishers Ltd., London, England, 2012.
• Roger Eggleton and Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "The 6666 Problem," The Mathematical Gazette, Volume 96, Number 535, March 2012, pp. 39-48.
Hong Mao and Krzysztof
Ostaszewski, “Insurance Pricing, Reinsurance
and Investment Decision Based on the Mutual Benefit of the
Insurer and the Customer,” Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE
International Conference on Industrial Engineering and
Engineering Management, December 2011, pp. 91-95.
• Hong Mao, Krzysztof Ostaszewski, and Yuling Wang, “Pricing Annuity Insurance Integrating Mortality Improvement Risk, Interest Rate Risk, Insolvency Risk and Insurance Demand,” Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, December 2011, pp. 704-708.
• Hong Mao, Krzysztof Ostaszewski, and Youyu Zhang, "Dynamic Models for Valuation of Wrongful Death Compensation," Chapter 6 in: Investigaciones En Seguros Y Gestion Del Riesgo: Riesgo 2011, edited by Jose Manuel Feria, Enrique J. Jimenez, and Montserrat Guillen, Instituto del Ciencias del Seguro, Seville, Espana, 2011.
• Katie School of Insurance and Financial Services (Research team: James R. Jones, Askar Choudhury Domingo Joaquin, Aslihan Spaulding, Krzysztof Ostaszewski, Genevieve Amamoo, Horace Melton, Marjorie Danso-Manu, Richard Bill, Mukthar Mahdi, and Asliddin Odilov), "Establishing An Index Insurance Triggers for Crop Loss in Northern Ghana". Research Paper No. 7, September 2011, Microinsurance Innovation Facility, International Labour Office, Geneva, Switzerland.
• Hong Mao, Krzysztof
Ostaszewski, and Yuling Wang, "Deciding
Whether a Life Insurance Contact Should be Reinstated," Journal of Insurance
Issues vol. 34, No. 1, Spring 2011.
• "I Want You to Feel Your Pain," chapter located on pages 55-57 in: Risk Management: Part Two -- Systemic Risk, Financial Reform, and moving Forward from the Financial Crisis, online monograph presented by the Society of Actuaries, the Casualty Actuarial Society, and the Canadian Institute of Actuaries, January 14, 2011.
• Hong Mao and Krzysztof
Ostaszewski, “Pricing Insurance Contracts and
Determining Optimal Capital of Insurers,” Proceedings of
the 2010 IEEE International
Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering
Management, December 2010, pp. 1-5.
• Stanislaw Kluza and Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "Getting to grips with EU financial supervision," The Banker, March 31, 2010.
• Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "Modigliani, Miller and Mortgages", chapter in Housing in Retirement online monograph published by the Society of Actuaries.
• James Rizzo, Krzysztof Ostaszewski, and Piotr Krekora, "Revisiting Pension Actuarial Science," part of Public Pensions Finance Symposium of the Society of Actuaries.
• Hong Mao and Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "Alternative Pricing Models of Deposit Insurance Under Capital Forbearance," Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, 3(2) (2009), 84-92.
• Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "The Upside of a Downturn", pp. 8-10 in Risk Management: The Current Financial Crisis, Lessons Learned and Future Implications, online research monograph edited by Don Mango, Marc Altschull, Dave Ingram, and Wayne Fisher, published by the Society of Actuaries, December 2008.
• Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "The Great Invisible Pension Reform in the United States," Chapter 4 in Pension Provision: Government Failure Around the World, edited by Philip Booth, Oskari Juurikkala and Nick Silver, The Institute of Economic Affairs, London, United Kingdom, 2008.
• Hong Mao and Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "Pricing Equity-Linked Life Insurance Contracts with Minimum Interest Rate Guarantee in Partial Equilibrium Framework," German Risk and Insurance Review 4 (2008), 28-53.
• Hong Mao, Krzysztof Ostaszewski, and Yuling Wang, "Risk Analysis of Mortality Improvement: The Case of Chinese Annuity Markets," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance: Issues and Practice 33 (2008), 234–249. This paper received the Science and Technology Association of Shanghai Pudong Prize, in Shanghai, China, in January 2010.
• Richard Derrig and Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "Insurance" Chapter 20 in: Handbook of Probability: Theory and Applications, edited by Tamas Rudas, Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, California, 2008.
• Hong Mao and Krzysztof M. Ostaszewski, "Application of Game Theory to Pricing of Participating Deferred Annuity," Journal of Insurance Issues 30 (2007), pp. 102-121.
• Jinadasa Gamage, Jed Linfield, Krzysztof Ostaszewski, and Steven Siegel, Statistical Methods for Health Actuaries -- IBNR Estimates: An Introduction, online publication by the Society of Actuaries, accompanied by workbooks illustrating use of regression and simulation techniques for IBNR reserving.
• Krzysztof Ostaszewski, "Social Security and My G-g-generation," The Actuary, Society of Actuaries, Schaumburg, Illinois, April/May 2007.
• Richard MacMinn, Krzysztof Ostaszewski, Ranee Thiagarajah, and Frederik Weber, "Mortality improvement select birth cohorts and their effect on pricing of survivor bonds," in: Re-Envisioning Retirement in the 21-st Century, Society of Actuaries Monograph, Schaumburg, Illinois, June 2006.