Faculty and Support Staff for Secondary Mathematics Education
Illinois State University has the largest mathematics education faculty in the United States. This group teaches and supervises students who plan to become teachers for mathematics at all levels of schooling. Mathematics educators serve a variety of roles for students in the Secondary Mathematics Education sequence of the mathematics major.
- They teach courses in the Secondary Mathematics Education sequence,
- supervise pre-student teaching clinical experiences in local schools,
- serve as university supervisors for student teachers,
- provide individual advisement related to the program of study.
- supervise Honors Program projects,
- serve as mentors for Presidential Scholars,
- and take part in activities of the Mathematics Student Association.
Faculty and Staff Profiles