Illinois State University Mathematics Department
MAT 312: Probability and Statistics for Middle School Teachers
Dr. Roger Day (email@example.com)
Use the English Rulers' Reigns data set to complete the following tasks.
1. Create a box-and-whiskers plot of the data. Draw the whiskers and plot any outliers according to our modified strategy that uses inner and outer fences and closed and open circles.
2. Clearly identify the following information about the data set:
3. Create an absolute-frequency histogram of the data.
4. Determine the mean, median, and mode of the data.
5. Write a paragraph to describe the data, including your observations about the location, spread, and shape of the distribution.
Complete this assignment using pencil and paper and bring it to class for discussion and submission. You may use a calculator for any parts of the assignment and copy the calculator information onto your paper.