Illinois State University Mathematics Department
MAT 326: Technology Tools for Secondary School Mathematics
Dr. Roger Day (email@example.com)
Warm-Up: Rectangle Justification from Midterm Assessment
Questions about Warm-Up/Mobile Apps Assignments?
Mobile Apps: More Previews and Access to Lists and Resources
Here's a vocab review/practice app for mobile devices.
Here's an app called "Pick-a-Path" to help practice mental arithmetic as well as problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Progressing Through Problem Representations: The Open-Top Box Problem
We will finish working through this activity and discuss the results. We will consider how this activity fits into the school mathematics curriculum and how technology is a component of the activity, using this exploration as a lead-in to OTB Writing Assignment, due next time.
Are You a Square or a Rectangle? We'll Find Out!
We'll collect more data during this activity and from that determine whether you are a square or a rectangle. Of course, every square is a rectangle, but that's another story.
Details/Questions: Lesson-Activity Project and Extended-Investigation Project.
Assignments for Session #11 (29 Oct 2012)
- Bring your TI-Nspire or TI-89 to class!
- Complete the writing assignment associated with the Open-Topped Box Problem. Due, on paper, when class starts next time (October 29, 2012).
- Bring to class on October 29, 2012, the required paragraph (EMI or Classroom Lesson/Activity) stating your plans for one of these extended projects .
- Continue work on one of these assignments: Mobile Apps or Classroom Warm-Ups.
- Continue work on one of the projects (EMI or Classroom Lesson/Activity).