Illinois State University Mathematics Department
MAT 326: Technology Tools for Secondary School Mathematics
Dr. Roger Day (email@example.com)
Mobile Apps Presentations
Viewing Tubes and Your Field of Vision: Making Sense of Several Variables
We'll finish the GSP/Geogebra portion of this activity and look at justification for your generalizations. From your group, I will collect the written work you generated last time as well as your current GSP file.
Assignments for Session #15 (26 Nov 2012)
- Bring your TI-Nspire or TI-89 to class! Check out a TI-Nspire!
- Continue work on Mobile Apps. Electronic submissions due Thursday, November 15, by 6 pm.
- Continue work on Classroom Lesson/Activity. Final Version due Friday, December 7.
- Check your presentation time slots for the two assignments/projects. Next time there are several Mobile App and Lesson Activity presentations scheduled!
- Prior to our next session (11/26/12), please read the following articles:
- Based on these articles, and any other references you care to include, generate a four-paragraph response to include the following items. Bring your hard-copy paper to class on Monday, November 26, 2012, ready to turn in when class begins.
- Your own definition for a flipped high school mathematics classroom (paragraph #1)
- A brief summary of the strengths and advantages of a flipped mathematics classroom (paragraph #2)
- A brief summary of the weaknesses and limitations of a flipped mathematics classroom (paragraph #3)
- Would you flip your classroom? Why or why not? What would it take? (paragraph #4)